Grace College residents have the benefit of living in a truly international city that is committed to making all university students feel most welcome during their time in Brisbane. This page has a collection of links that current residents, staff and alumnae have all found useful. Each dot-point has a ‘hotlink’ connected.
Please contact Carol in the office, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like additions made to this page or if web-links need updating. Thank you. Page last updated: 14.08.2015
- Brisbane City Council (BCC)
- City Cat and Ferry services – Grace College residents can catch the City Cat from either the UQ Wharf or the Guyatt Park Wharf.
- Translink bus services – Grace College residents can catch BCC buses right across the street from the College at the Coldridge Street Stop near Carmody Road (412, 402). The UQ bus stop closest to Grace College is ‘Chancellor’s Place’ (411, 414, 417, 427, 428, 432). The alternate UQ bus stop is ‘UQ Lakes’ (29, 66, 139, 169, 192, 209).
- Council sponsored bus services
Brisbane is a vibrant entertainment, cultural and sporting centre with lively retail and lavish dining scenes. It also has many parks and green spaces to pursue outdoor activities.
In the links below is information on Council libraries, parks and venues, and public spaces, as well as sport and leisure facilities including Council’s involvement in arts and culture in Brisbane.
- Parks with Exercise Equipment
- Cycling in Brisbane
- Art & Culture
- Water play areas
- “What’s on?” in Brisbane – special events
For something fun to do on the weekends, you may want to take a trip to South Bank Parklands. This venue has a lifestyle markets, eateries, an inner-city beach, music festivals and more.