There are 3 groups of bursaries available for current residents and these are offered for award, either at the annual Academic Dinner in May, or at the end of year Valedictory Dinner. These groups are differentiated by their focus, however all bursaries require evidence of academic achievement and community contribution. The 3 groups are:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Service, and
- Financial Hardship.
Each bursary, with the exception of the Financial Hardship Bursary, is normally valued at about the weekly fee for a standard room subject to fluctuating returns on investments.
Academic Achievements (by application)
In recognition of academic achievement, the following bursaries are given annually at Academic Dinner for achievements in the previous year by current residents:
- 40th Anniversary Bursary (Social & Behaviour Sciences)
- Anne Cotton Bursary (Business, Commerce & Economics)
- Grace College Council Award for Academic Excellence (Overall)
- Grant David Morrison Memorial Bursary (Engineering)
- Lady Bray Memorial Bursary (Physio, Speech or Occupational Therapy)
- Lindsay Watson Bursary (3rd Year Resident; Literature or Music)
- Women’s Auxiliary Award (Academic Improvement on Tertiary Entrance Score)
Applications are requested in March each year and Bursaries are also dependent on contribution to the College community. For further information, please refer to Bursary Conditions and Bursary Application Form.
Community Contributions (by application)
In recognition of community contributions, the following bursaries are awarded annually at Academic Dinner for contributions made in the previous year by current residents:
- Betty Patterson Bursary (Outstanding Contribution by a First Year Resident)
- Lila Beatrice McKenzie Bursary (Participation in Community, Social, Religious & Sporting Activities)
- Rupert Newman Memorial Bursary (Sport)
- Syd & Donnie Wallis Bursary (Altruism & Community Service)
Leadership (by award)
In recognition of leadership offered by current residents in the current year, the following bursaries are awarded annually at end of year of Valedictory Dinner:
- Berilyn Miller-Morrison Bursary (Spiritual Life)
- Charlotte Gordon Shaw Memorial Bursary (Student Club President)
- Suzanne Fairley Bursary (Member of Student Leadership Team who offers exceptional leadership)
Bursaries are also dependent on resident conduct.
Financial Hardship (by application)
Limited bursary funds are available for current residents experiencing financial hardship:
- Barbara Dungavell Bursary (Rural/Regional Domestic Student)
- Grace College Foundation Bursary
Assistance available varies due to fluctuating returns on investments and previous usage of the funds. Applications are requested in March each year. For further information, please refer to Bursary Conditions and Bursary Application Form.
If you would like to support a bursary or if you would like to leave a Bequest to establish a Bursary please contact the Principal, Rev. Dr Anita Monro, for assistance or refer to our Gifts page on this website.