Current residents may received bursaries in 4 different categories:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Service
- Financial Hardship
With the exception of the leadership awards, current residents apply for bursaries using the form provided.
The College normally announces award recipients at the annual Academic Dinner in May and at the end of year Valedictory Dinner.
The value of most bursaries is about the weekly fee for a standard room. However, changing returns on investments affect the actual value each year.
Academic Achievements (by application)
These bursaries recognise academic achievements by current residents. The College normally awards them at the annual Academic Dinner. Current residents must apply for them.
- 40th Anniversary Bursary (Social & Behaviour Sciences)
- Anne Cotton Bursary (Business, Commerce & Economics)
- Grace College Council Award for Academic Excellence (Overall)
- Grant David Morrison Memorial Bursary (Engineering)
- Lady Bray Memorial Bursary (Physio, Speech or Occupational Therapy)
- Lindsay Watson Bursary (3rd Year Resident; Literature or Music)
- Women’s Auxiliary Award (Academic Improvement on Tertiary Entrance Score)
Applications normally open in March each year. The College considered residents’ contributions to College community when making these awards. For further information, please refer to the Conditions. To apply, please use the Application Form.
Community Contributions (by application)
These bursaries recognise community contributions by current residents. The College normally awards them at the annual Academic Dinner. Current residents must apply for them.
- Betty Patterson Bursary (Outstanding Contribution by a First Year Resident)
- Lila Beatrice McKenzie Bursary (Participation in Community, Social, Religious & Sporting Activities)
- Rupert Newman Memorial Bursary (Sport)
- Syd & Donnie Wallis Bursary (Altruism & Community Service)
Applications normally open in March each year. The College also considers academic records when making these awards. For further information, please refer to the Conditions. To apply, please use the Application Form.
Financial Hardship (by application)
Limited funds are available for current residents experiencing financial hardship:
- Barbara Dungavell Bursary (Rural/Regional Domestic Student)
- Grace College Foundation Bursary
The assistance available varies due to changing returns on investments and previous fund use. Applications normally open in March each year. For further information, please refer to the Conditions and Application Form.
Leadership (by award)
These bursaries recognise leadership offered by current residents in the current year. The College normally awards them at the end of year of Valedictory Dinner. No application is required.
- Berilyn Miller-Morrison Bursary (Spiritual Life)
- Charlotte Gordon Shaw Memorial Bursary (Student Club President)
- Suzanne Fairley Bursary (Member of Student Leadership Team who offers exceptional leadership)
If you would like to support a bursary or to leave a Bequest to establish a Bursary please contact the Principal, Rev. Dr Anita Monro, for assistance. Please also refer to our Gifts page on this website.