Life at Grace .
At Grace, we recognise that success and achievement can look different to everyone.
For this reason, we work with you to help you achieve your individual academic goals and realise your full potential.
Success beyond your GPA .
We foster an environment of encouragement for our students, helping them to strive for excellence and recognising that success at university goes far beyond a GPA. At Grace, you’ll have a well-rounded approach to university life, including active community involvement, pursuit of co-curriculars and passions, and service through leadership.
An academic advantage .
As a Gracie, you’ll find all the support you need when it comes to academic life. Regular tutorials are run by the college during semester, giving you an edge in class and supplementing your on-campus learning with extra support.
You’ll also benefit from living in a community of your peers – whether it’s a study-buddy for exams, a listening ear to bounce ideas off, or someone to understand the ups and downs of university life.
Your college truly becomes an invaluable part of your support network, supporting you through challenges, and cheering on your success.
Tailored spaces for every study style .
Whether you prefer to study solo or with other students, Grace offers many distraction-free, serene places to set up for study sessions.
- Recreation rooms which double as study nooks within your residence building
- A small group meeting space fitted out with facilities for scanning and printing
- Meeting rooms and spaces with whiteboards, cork boards and projectors for group brainstorming sessions
- Beautiful serene gardens for those who like to study in nature
- Dedicated music practice rooms, equipped with pianos and full drum kit
Encouraging academic excellence .
Each year, Grace College Academic Awards recognise outstanding academic achievements by current residents in the form of bursaries. Applications normally open to current residents in March each year – check out current residents for more information.
If you’re a future resident, you’ll find information about entry scholarships under Fees & Scholarships.
- 40th Anniversary Bursary (Social & Behaviour Sciences)
- Anne Cotton Bursary (Business, Commerce & Economics)
- Grace College Council Award for Academic Excellence (Overall)
- Grant David Morrison Memorial Bursary (Engineering)
- Lady Bray Memorial Bursary (Physio, Speech or Occupational Therapy)
- Lindsay Watson Bursary (3rd Year Resident; Literature or Music)
- Women’s Auxiliary Award (Academic Improvement on Tertiary Entrance Score)
Ready to take the next step?
Secure your place at UQ’s most inclusive living and learning community. Get your application started in under 10 minutes.